February 13, 2013

My B.Duck Camera Tote

My B. Duck Tote Bag at Colorado River B. Duck on the Tour Bus

The first half of February has been an extremely busy two weeks.  I finally have a chance to blog about my bus tour at Yellowstone National Park.

As much as I dislike bus tours, they do have their advantages.  One is that I can pack less efficiently and use a slightly impractical camera bag like this super cute B.Duck canvas tote bag.  The big shiny eyes are sewn on.  The orange three-dimensional beak is made out of non-phthalate PVC.

According to its website, B.Duck is inspired by the more than 10,000 Friendly Floatees ducks that got released into Pacific Ocean from a U.S.-bound ship during a storm.  The flotsams travelled to Alaska, the Artic Circle, and Japan.  They became subjects of oceanography observations.  Their stories have been turned into books (Moby Duck: The True Story of 28,000 Bath Toys Lost at Sea by Donovan Hohn).  Now their likeness is available in the form of bags, stationery, and more rubber toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



CSS for Popular Post

CSS for Dropdown Menu